The Liebster Award is an award distributed by bloggers for blogs with under 200 followers. Supposedly, it started in Germany, as a way for readers and bloggers to discover new blogs to follow. It connects the blogging community and helps web surfers expand their horizons!
1. Choose 11 other up-and-coming bloggers and link to them in your Liebster post.
2. Answer the 11 questions the previous blogger set for you, then create 11 different ones for the bloggers you will choose.
3. Let those bloggers know you nominated them.
4. No tag backs. No mulligans. No puppy guarding. Okay, just don’t tag the person who nominated you.
5. Display the Liebster logo.
Linus sent me these questions, I’m a little rusty in my writing/blogging.
1) What is a hobby that you wish you had, but currently do not?
There are many things that people would say, “But you do do them!”. Except that I don’t. Because I’m lazy. Because I don’t have time. Because I’m tired. Because I’m stressed. Because I have the SADz.
The number one thing I wish I could consider a hobby, one that I at least did every weekend – when I don’t have to get up and rot my brain with forces and figures – would be painting. Again, “But you do do it!”. I don’t. I have supplies to last me a year. Canvas after canvas, pearly white and collecting dust. I see them from time to time, when I have to crouch down to recover my phone charger cord. But I blink, see past them and forget. I’ve painted one thing this year, and one thing last year. I might do another one this holiday season, I have the canvas, that hasn’t stopped me before. So it goes.
2) Where is a place that you would like to travel?
The Taj Mahal. But also, Canada.
3) What other language would you like to speak?
Something completely different. I’ve actually wanted to learn Persian for a while. They say that the most beautiful prose and poetry is written in Persian. I wish to read these, but their original language, with their original sounds and meanings.
4) What decade do you wish you were born in?
This one. It would be such an amazing thing to live during a different time. And yet, I wouldn’t be able to be myself a Hispanic-gay-woman. I would be persecuted, enslaved, limited in so many more ways. I don’t want that.
5) If you could be any animal, what would it be?
A dolphin. Maybe a Killer Whale (which is in the dolphin family). I want to move freely through water for miles.
6) What are you most afraid of?
In a petty way: spiders and poisonous insects. In a “deep” way: disappointing others. I hate it. I’m afraid of it and get irrationally angry with myself and others when it happens.
7) Imagine yourself as part of a film (production, acting, etc.). Which role or job would you have?
Director of photography or set designer. Essentially the movie business equivalent of the theater stage or lighting designer.
8) What type of food would you never eat?
Never say never?
9) Who do you look up to most, either dead or alive?
I could say someone famous and fabulous and historical. But actually I look up, over, around to three people. Two are my best friends and also my sister. Looking up to someone like Buddha or Gandhi is great, but I need someone I can talk to, touch, interact with. These three people help me through example, through advice, through their success and their failure. Shit happens in life, and these three are the rock that supports me, the river that carries me and the waterfall that challenges me and wakes me up.
Then again, maybe I pick J-Law. (Jennifer Lawrence)
10) What is your favorite season?
Autumn. There is so much warmth in this season. The world outside might be getting colder, but I put on my sweater and scarf and drink warm drinks and enjoy staying in for brunch. So much warmth.
11) What is your favorite seasoning?
Right now I add paprika to pretty much everything. I don’t know why. I can’t actually taste it, but it gives this wonderful deep bass to the flavors above it that I can taste.
I have no one to send this to. So I’ll end it here.
So it goes.